My Lovely Supporters

1 Nov 2023

POINSETTIA WREATH

 Hi all, today I have been busy making my very own Christmas wreath I will be making a couple of bigger ones but I had this idea in my mind all night and just had to get stuck in, I am actually not sure that I am happy with it in these pictures it looks a lot better in real life.

I started by using my large XCut Scallop dies to cut a double ring I then cut a scallop circle from some Hunkydory snow acetate and placed it in between the two circles and stuck it down, I added a Studio Light Teddy Bear Christmas decoupage in the middle for a floating effect, I used two sets of Poinsettia dies for the flowers all are green and red mirror card I added gems for their centres I also added some flowers, berries and leaves in between, I the used my crop-a-dile for the punched holes to added the ribbon both bottom and top I added some bells to the bottom ribbon

At the moment it is hanging in my craft room which is my mum's room I have quite a few pictures of her and the family on the walls and it will be my gift to her this festive season, I think she is with me while I am crafting which is probably why I have still loads more cards to share with you in the coming days.




I would like to enter this project into the following challenges:

It would have been my mum's 104th birthday this month and the family will be going out to celebrate it she is in my head and heart every minute of the day and night I miss her so much and talk to her every day.  I have been having my ups and downs which is nothing unusual but it is becoming worse as the days go by 
Many thanks to all who pop by
hugs
lorraine x

14 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such fabulous wreath Lorraine! Gorgeous poinsettias and the snow acetate circle with the decoupaged image looks great!
Sorry to hear you haven't peace. Hope that someone could help you to cope with this anxiety. I think your Mum want you peaceful and serene.
Hugs

dutchess said...

A beautiful wreath Lorraine…love the snowy acetate and the central topper it’s glorious….and so lovely for your Mums room…mine has been gone 8 years now and I miss her every day just like you…they are always with us ….take care xxxx

Linby said...

Wow! This is amazing, love how you used the acetate, it looks beautiful.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

these wreaths are stunning Lorraine, what a fantastic idea using your larger dies.
Lorraine

Chris said...

Your wreath is beautiful Lorraine, fabulous poinsettias and sweet centre piece, clever use of the acetate to create the snowy effect.
I'm so sorry that you're still struggling with the loss of your Mum, I hope you find peace. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What a lovely creative wreath Lorraine, a lovely pressie for your Mum. I'm sure she is looking down on you, and saying you're doing well, with your creativity. She wouldn't want you to be down, think of her with joy. Big Hugs
Faith x

KarinsArtScrap said...

you have made a gorgeous wreath Lorraine

gr karin

Chrissy said...

Your wreath is absolutely gorgeous Lorraine and I'm sure your Mum is with you always, just keep talking to her and remember the happy times you had with her.

Luv CHRISSYxx

HilaryJane said...

What a stunning wreath. I love the shine and those amazing flowers. I am glad you are getting lots of crafting time and so sorry to hear ou are struggling a bit. I hope the family get together will help you feel better xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful poinsettia wreath and cute image.Sorry to hear you are still struggling and hope you find some peace soon.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
Carol DT x

Lisa said...

Gorgeous poinsettia wreath. Oh this was a lot of work but really is amazing.

Pauline C said...

Fabulous wreath Lorraine - that will look brilliant hung up.
Pauline xx

Becca Sadler said...

Lorraine: thanks for linking to Ally's Angels during its month-long challenge! --Becca

Sarah said...

How did I miss this one Lorraine!! Absolutely stunning and perfect for Christmas with the Cuties xx

I was published May Issue 2014

I was published May Issue 2014
Making Cards Mag Page 75

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Blog Archive

Guest Designer

Guest Designer
July - Oct 2021

Now a full DT member CCK

Now a full DT member CCK
from 1st Sept 2020 -

DRAGONFLY DREAMS DT Member

Follow Me on Pinterest

AFRICA

 Mia   is the hostess for  RMB OF MAY the theme is Africa I put my name down as one of the participants and this is my  AFRICA CARD I used m...

DT Member All Dressed Up

DT Member All Dressed Up
Sept 2021 - August 2022

Past DT Member

Past DT Member
Visit Store

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT
1st June - August 2020