My Lovely Supporters

17 Nov 2021

POPPY LOVE & WESTIE CHRISTMAS

 Good morning all, firstly may I thank you with all my heart for the birthday wishes that you sent my mum, she had a lovely day.

Today I would like to share two cards with you the first is my Ching Chou Kuik FB DT card I have used the image POPPY LOVE the theme this month is Thank You, Thinking of You and remembrance, this week the DT were challenged to make a Shabby Chic card I hope that this passes.
I coloured the image with a mix of markers the papers are from my stash and I distressed the edges, I added a vintage style ribbon, lace, liquid pearls  and flower.


My second card is a Christmas one I have used the image WESTIE CHRISTMAS from Di's Digital Store I have coloured him with a mix of markers, the papers are Anne-Marie, I cut some extra shapes and added twine, I distressed the edges with TH Vintage Photo Ink die cut flower and leaves and added a sentiment.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Once again many thanks for your comments both on Facebook and here I actually did  not see my mum yesterday, I had had a dispute with the doctors receptionist the previous day and it upset me so much I was in tears for most of yesterday, I knew that most of the family would be seeing her and I am off to see her today.
I am taking a break from my Ching Chou Kuik DT duties as I feel I need more time to spend with mum, the scare we had a couple of weeks ago really shook me up and made me wake up to the fact just how old and vulnerable she is I have always thought that she would be with me forever.
Hugs to all, take care and stay safe.
Lorraine x

15 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Lorraine.Your cards are absolutely STUNNING in every way.I understand about your mum,I too am heartbroken as thought my mum would go on forever too.Take care hun you know where I am.xxx Huggles xx

Wendy L said...

These are both so gorgeous, beautiful images and so many gorgeous elements.
My mum is 96 and getting failed. Xxx

Margreet said...

Beautiful poppy love card with great coloring.
The Westie card is gorgeous too. Love the texture of the flower.
Sorry to read that you were too upset to visit your Mum on her birthday. I think it is a right decision to take a break from your DT duties, so you can spend more time with your Mum. 102 is very, very old and she will be vulnerable. I have the same with my mum. Last week she could have been infected with Covid and she had to stay at home. Luckily, it was false alarm, so today we went to "our" fishrestaurant to celebrate. She was so glad that she was able to make that trip again.
Lorraine, take good care of yourself and enjoy your mum as long as she is with you.
xxx Margreet

creationsnz said...

Such a cute lil westie and great papers coordination to carry the theme. So glad you shared with us at Critter Crazy, come back again soon. CarolG

KarinsArtScrap said...

2 gorgeous cards you have made Lorraine
Gr Karin

Pauline C said...

2fabulous cards Lorraine - gorgeous colouring and so much detail in your embellishments - beautiful. Glad your mum had a lovely birthday yesterday but sorry your ongoingproblems with the GP made you too upset - hope you have a good catch up :-)
Hugs
Pauline x

crafty-stamper said...

Both gorgeouys cards and images,love all the layers and embellishments.I don't know who these Drs receptionist think they are and how qualified they think they are,but saying that we have a couple who are really nice and helpful
Carol x

Stampsnob. said...

Lovely and the lace ribbon is perfect
The doggie is precious ...........Lis

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards Lorraine, the first one is gorgeous and I love the cute image on the second one.
I'm glad your Mum had a lovely Birthday, I think perhaps you should insist on talking to the Practice Manager if you are having lots of problems with the receptionist, you might make more progress if you escalate things.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Linby said...

I used to have a westie so your second card really caught my eye - it's just wonderful. Love your first card, so pretty. sorry to read you got upset - sometimes it's best to just let it out. L x

*Vicki* said...

Both of your card are just gorgeous Lorraine! Love the fabulous images with your coloring and the stunning papers with the beautiful added flowers!

Chrissy said...

Two more beauties, love this sweet girl and gorgeous card design and the little dog is adorable sitting among the present, so cute...

Luv CHRISSYxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Two gorgeous creations again Lorraine. Sorry the doctors receptionist upset you so. I am also sorry I missed wishing your Mum Happy Birthday. I haven't been commenting for a few days, just on a catch up.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Another two gorgeous cards love them both. Alison xx

Doris Klein said...

OMG... how cute! What a fab christmas work with this sweet image!

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
*GDT* stamps & fun = CREATIVITY

I was published May Issue 2014

I was published May Issue 2014
Making Cards Mag Page 75

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Blog Archive

Guest Designer

Guest Designer
July - Oct 2021

Now a full DT member CCK

Now a full DT member CCK
from 1st Sept 2020 -

DRAGONFLY DREAMS DT Member

Follow Me on Pinterest

STENCILLING AT ALLSORTS #778

 Hi it is the start of our new challenge today the theme chosen by Dena is USE A STENCIL or you can opt for the Anything Goes option This is...

DT Member All Dressed Up

DT Member All Dressed Up
Sept 2021 - August 2022

Past DT Member

Past DT Member
Visit Store

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT
1st June - August 2020