My Lovely Supporters

19 Oct 2021

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LIKE LOT CHRISTMAS

 Hi all, today I would like to share with you my final GDT cards for Conie Fong
My first card I have used the 'star shape' the papers are from my stash, I added a red punched border and Poinsettia with liquid pearls, I coloured the image with both Nuvo and Copic markers I added gold stickles to the snowflake. The image is called 


My next card is the image called
I coloured him with Graphic, Nuvo and Spectrum Noir markers, I added stickles gold glitter, Rosette and a stamped sentiment, the papers are a mix from my stash.
I would like to enter this one into the challenge at 


Many, many thanks for your comments regarding the upset I had with the cat, turned out he was just a kitten but not the teeny new born.
I contacted the vets and was totally heartbroken once again when they told me that there was nothing they could do for him. 
They x-rayed him and did an ultra sound, his pelvis was damaged beyond repair and his spleen had ruptured, so they put him out of his pain.
There was no chip but they have put it's details on the Lost & Found to see if anyone contacts them.
I thank you all for relating similar stories that have happened to you and I know that you know just how I am feeling, I keep seeing him all the time, the only thing that is taking my mind off it for a short while is my crafting. 
My eyes feel like a rasp they are so sore but I know that I did what I could and even the vets thanked me I just wanted him to live......
I will be popping by to thank you all personally but I have to go to my mums now so see you later.
Hugs
lorraine x

16 comments:

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Hi Lorraine, I've missed your post about that poor cat. You've did a great job to stay with him and make him calm by stroking him. I would have done the same. I know how you feel because I'm a pet lover too. Your cards look beautiful and I think it's good to craft and set your mind at ease. Greetings and a big hug, Miranda

Pauline C said...

2 gorgeous Christmas cards Lorraine - love your colouring and shaped cards - so clever .. I wouldn't have a clue! So sorry to hear the kitten passed away ... that is soupsetting but as I said yesterday you did all you could
Hugs
Pauline x

brenda said...

That was the news I was so hoping not to read Lorraine, so sad and one has to wonder why the poor little chap was out on his own if so young and un-chipped.

Your first card has a distinct vintage feel with the sepia print DP's which work well with the red. Likewise the next two following similar colourways and each the image on each one coloured to perfection.

B x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Two really gorgeous creations. Your colouring and layout as usual is awesome sweetie. I love that star shape, I would get in a right mess trying to cut that!

I am so sorry for the outcome of the news on the poor cat. Yes you did your very best for him.

God Bless you.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Chris said...

Aww, so sad about the cat, at least he is free of pain and suffering now. Sending you a big hugxx
Your cards today are gorgeous, these images are so sweet, love your beautiful designs and colouring.
xx

Margreet said...

Beautiful cards, Lorraine. Especially love the 2nd one with the fab colouring.
So sorry to hear that the vets were not able to save the kitten.
Hope you are feeling less sad soon! You did what you could!
xxx Margreet

*Vicki* said...

Oh my these are so fantastic Lorraine! I adore the images, your coloring and both cards are absolutely amazing! I must give that top card design a try at some point, so thanks for the inspiration and sending hugs

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous cards and coloring Lorraine
Gr Karin

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Two beautiful cards Lorraine stunning work. I am sorry to hear about the kitten so sad but know that he had comfort in his final hours. Love Alison x

Leanne said...

Such a great card, or cards...love the one with the boy, so awesome, coloring is amazing and the paper this rocks! Way to go, and again thanks for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge.

Hugs, Leanne DT/KCC

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards Lorraine, lovely images and you have coloured them both beautifully.
I'm sorry to hear that the kitten didn't survive, I know it is heartbreaking but you should take comfort in knowing that you did all that you could and that it didn't die on it's own at the side of the road because of your actions.
Take care.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lee said...

Hi,both cards are of course AWESOMEin every way.Sorry I'v been so busy ( like you ) and have missed all this about the kitten.Sounds so very sad and very upsetting experience for you.I LOVE cats so can understand how you are feeling.Sending HUGE HUGGLES.xxx

Chrissy said...

Two gorgeous cards, I love the fold and fabulous colouring on the first one, lovely image too and that little fellow with his wagon full of present and love the mono colouring, superb..what a sad shame that poor little kitty died, but now he is out of pain and somewhere nice and warm and happy running around with other kitties in heaven..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Stampsnob. said...

Super fold on the top ones Love little boy images and this one is adorable .....Lis

linby said...

I'm so sorry to read about the cat, but you did as much as you could.
These are beautiful cheery bright cards.

HilaryJane said...

That's so sad about the little cat, I can really understand why it has affected you so badly. Crafting is such a useful hobby to lose yourself in when you are feeling low. These 2 cards are great. I really like the diamond point one. I have recently made one for my husbands birthday. I don't often do fancy shaped cards but these are so easy and really versatile. i wish I could colour like you too xx

I was published May Issue 2014

I was published May Issue 2014
Making Cards Mag Page 75

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Blog Archive

Guest Designer

Guest Designer
July - Oct 2021

Now a full DT member CCK

Now a full DT member CCK
from 1st Sept 2020 -

DRAGONFLY DREAMS DT Member

Follow Me on Pinterest

DON'T STOP THE MUSIC

 Today my card features a digital image that I have had in my printed off miscellaneous file so I don't have a name if anybody recognise...

DT Member All Dressed Up

DT Member All Dressed Up
Sept 2021 - August 2022

Past DT Member

Past DT Member
Visit Store

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT
1st June - August 2020