My Lovely Supporters

18 Oct 2021

ANYTHING AUTUMN REMINDER

 Good morning all, hope that you had a lovely weekend 
Today we have an inspirational reminder post for
The theme this month is 
ANYTHING AUTUMN
there are 2 prizes to be won so I do hope that you will come join us.
For my DT card I have used a stamp from the AUTUMN POPPY SET this was my first ever buy some years ago it is a large A4 set and I have used most of the stamps 
This one features just one of the Mushroom images as you can see it is a very CAS style I have coloured the image with Nuvo and Graphic markers and added a stamped sentiment.

I would like to enter this card into the challenge at
use one or all of purple, orange, green, black
I have used Orange & Black.

I want to thank everyone who has taken time out to leave me a comment they are truly wonderful and supportive.

I have not had a good weekend I have been so upset and my heart has been breaking. 
On Friday evening I witnessed a cat run over outside our block of flats, we live on the top floor over looking the main road, I saw the cat roll and try to run away, I bolted down stairs to see if I could help it, fortunately one of the ladies who also lives in our block had just arrived home and was kind enough to come and help me look for it, we found it just over the other side of the wall on the pavement, I just broke down with so much grief and my heart was hurting, the cat was still alive but it's back legs were splayed I knew then that it had been seriously hurt, a lady that was sat with her family in the pub garden came over and offered to phone the emergency vets.  My friend went to fetch my partner who brought down a thick cover so I could put it over the cat I just kept stroking it's head and talking quietly to it.  It had been breathing very hard but did start to calm down, it was a young cat with such beautiful markings and obviously well looked after. 
My partner and friend stayed with it while I went knocking on the doors over the road which is the direction it had come from, all of the people admitted to having cats and some admitted to having at least six, but not one said it could be theirs and not one came to check.
The car that had hit the cat did not stop, apart from the lady who phoned the vets no-one came to see if they could help.
The vets came and took the cat away I will be phoning them later to see if it survived. 
The thing is the road has a 30 mile speed limit I think 5% keep within that limit the rest exceed 40+ it is frightening.

I was not surprised at the lack of peoples caring which is why I love animals and always have, always will.
I have cried my heart out until I have no more tears left, I am having nightmares when I can finally sleep it hurts so much to see an animal in pain, I thank the Lord that I was able to help and maybe even saved it's life.
From a heartbroken Lorraine have a lovely day see you later
hugs x

24 comments:

brenda said...

Oh Lorraine, I am in tears with you, animals on roads are one of my greatest fears. Goes back to then I was seven and my terrier puppy was killed by a lorry. A small village, not much traffic in those days but the idiot (sorry but he was) across the road called out to us making it jump from my arms and run. Ever since I have been paranoid. Let us hope the vet has been able to save the poor thing.

A couple of weeks ago we saw the guy from the farm down the Drove swerve as he passed the front window, went out to see why (it's single track road and he could have stopped - another idiot), it was a cat which looked to have been attacked on one side and the flies had got at it. Light wasn't good at it was dusk and as we tried to touch it, it crawled away under our front hedge, as we didn't want to create more harm called the RSPCA and they were there within an hour and took it to their vet.

On a brighter note I love you card, one of my oldest CB sets and well from way back in Elusive Image days.

B x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Lorraine, such a lovely stamp and great CAS design.
I'm so sorry to read your sad account but not surprised, we live on a straight road with a 30 mph speed limit but hardly anyone keeps to it, I can't imagine how upsetting the whole incident was for you, I hope you get good news when you phone the vet.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful card. Thank you so much for linking up at my challenge blog, Crafting Happiness Challenges.
Janis - Pause Dream Enjoy
*Owner* Crafting Happiness Challenges
*DT* Let’s Craft & Create

Pauline C said...

Aww Lorraine … so sorry to hear about this incident and how upset you have been. Let’s hope the vet could save the poor animal, but in any event you can know you did all you could even if others weren’t bothered. Hope you are soon feeling better .. and on a brighter note your card is gorgeous
Hugs,
Pauline xx

Margreet said...

Lovely card with fabulous colouring Lorraine.
Such a sad story and great that you were so taking care of that poor cat. Hope you get god news from the vet.
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

What a horrible experience Lorraine, my heart goes out to you and the poor cat, hope it can be saved. At least you did what you could to comfort and help it which is a lot more than many people would do.
Your card is a beauty.
xx

Mrs A. said...

Beatuiful colourful tones on your muchrooms/toadstools. Saddened by your cat tale and hope that the vets could do something to help. Hugs Mrs A.

mamawcindy said...

Great card,Love the mushrooms. I have been looking for a mushroom image to color. This one is nice.
I hope the kitty makes it. I have lost a few animals from them going to the road. It is so heartbreaking. I know that it was hard on you, but glad you were there to comfort it. Blessings to you!

crafty-stamper said...

Ohhh so sorry to hear about the poor cat it is soo upsetting and people can be so callous,can't believe none of the other cat owners came to help either.When I still lived at home my dog got out and no-where to be found-as I was going to Johns house later (boyfriend at the time now married)I found him dead at the side of the main road we had to cross it's devastating and we have had two cats poisoned and died terrible deaths probably at the hands of neighbours which is not a nice thought-have even been threatened by one because I was feeding birds on the garage roofs!!!
I hope the poor cat is okay and was chipped to find it's owner.
On another note I love your beautiful CAS Autumn CAS and fabulous mushroom stamps.
Carol x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Lolo..it breaks my heart to see any animal suffer and a range rover in front of us hit a cat and just drove off ..the poor thing flew in the air and was screeching, I stopped and got out but it was killed instantly and the owner came out and just picked it up and walked away sobbing. I hate it when people don't stop! when they know they have hit something. Take care and hope you feel better soon hugs Sue x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Oh Lorraine I am so sorry you had to witness this awful thing. It must keep flashing in front of your eyes. I do hope the vet could do something to save the poor thing and also that it will have a pain free life.

On to your card, it is beautiful sweetie. So beautifully coloured.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

HilaryJane said...

I am so sorry to hear about your trauma, so terribly upsetting and there will be someone somewhere who is worrying about their missing pet. Your mushrooms are just wonderful, they shine on their own. I am so glad you left the background clear as they don't need anything else. I love that sentiment too, it is perfect for a CAS card xx

Mervi said...

Gorgeous stamp and love how you have coloured the mushrooms.
Fabulous card;-))m

Zoechaos said...

Horrible thing to witness and try to deal with, saddly no body wanting to get involved is "the Norm" what is more shocking is that no one wanted to see if they knew the cat. I feel for you, both you and the cat have my sympathy.

Your card is lovely not seen this stamp before thank you for the introduction! xoxo

Bernadet said...


So sad to hear what's happining with that cat. I hope the cat is doing good for now.
Your card is awesome, love the stamp and your coloring Lorraine.

aussie aNNie said...

Ever so beautiful is this project. . Great colours as always.
Sad to read of your encounter and how horrific it would have been for you....xx

Linby said...

Having seen a cat accident many years ago on my way to school I know how upsetting it is and it has always stayed with me. I hope the cat will be ok.
Your colouring is absolutely beautiful and a wonderful CAS layout.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lorraine, I cry with you, I can't see animals suffering... :((
My biggest hugs, you have a sweet heart and beautiful soul

I apologize if in this period I can't visit your blogs to admire your beautiful works, but my life at the moment is very busy and complicated. I hope I can make up for it and leave comments for everyone, but if not, please excuse me.

Your CAS for CB is really delightful, great colouring!! Love this stamp and your interpretation of the theme is just perfect.

*Vicki* said...

Really love that gorgeous mushroom image Lorraine and beautifully colored! The sentiment is fantastic and so true! Really sorry to read about your sad incident there and I completely get what you're saying...I don't like it at all and have problems as a child watching it happen before my eyes. Sending hugs. Sorry for being MIA as I've been on vacation since the 9th, but have enjoyed your projects on FB! HUGS

KarinsArtScrap said...

so gorgeous Lorraine
Gr Karin

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card Lorraine, my heart goes out to you, our young cat went missing a few years ago we never found out what happened to him. We live in the country so no heavy traffic. At least you know that you gave the cat some comfort. I do hope it survives. Love Alison x

Chrissy said...

Gosh,I'm so far behind again or you are too quick for me..I love those Mushrooms and their gorgeous colours, beautiful card..and now about the cat, my heart is in my mouth everyday watching Holly sitting on my fence staring at the cat over the road and the birds, but to see a cat get hit must have been terrible, and I know they don't stop as I live on a main road and they fly by in their cars without a care in the world..Take care and thinking of you..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Stampsnob. said...

That is so clean and fresh Beautiful coloring........Lis

Tracy said...

This is gorgeous, beautiful colouring and I love the design.
So sorry to hear of your very sad experience and sorry to hear the little thing hasn't survived, I have four cats, and only one is an indoor cat, I worry all the time about the roads, as my road is 20mph zone and they do a lot higher speed than that.
Sending hugs
Happy crafting
Tracy x

I was published May Issue 2014

I was published May Issue 2014
Making Cards Mag Page 75

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Blog Archive

Guest Designer

Guest Designer
July - Oct 2021

Now a full DT member CCK

Now a full DT member CCK
from 1st Sept 2020 -

DRAGONFLY DREAMS DT Member

Follow Me on Pinterest

A BIT OF COLOUR

 I have a card to share today I have used a Digital image from Conie Fong coloured with Spectrum Noir and Nuvo markers I used my die for the...

DT Member All Dressed Up

DT Member All Dressed Up
Sept 2021 - August 2022

Past DT Member

Past DT Member
Visit Store

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT
1st June - August 2020