My Lovely Supporters

12 Sept 2021

STANDING PRETTY IN PINK

 Good morning, today I would like to share my Conie Fong GDT card with you I have used the image
I have coloured her with both Nuvo and Copic markers, I have used my Tattered Lace dies to cut both the image and stamped sentiment out, I have also used my Crafters Companion Corner die and an embossing folder I then added a double organza bow and some liquid pearls.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:



I will be visiting everyone soon but thank you to everyone that has left me such wonderful comments.
I am off to my mums as usual I am cooking the roast dinner today and probably do some gardening.

I was a little upset this week, my brother, who my mum lives with, has been in pain for some time with his legs, he has been waiting for a hip replacement.  Unfortunately the pandemic arose and everything was put on hold.  He has also some very bad skin issues on the bottom of his legs, his mobility is limited and I try to do as much for him as I can on a daily basis.  
He has been asking the doctors for some time for some anti-biotics and if they could do something to help clear the skin issues but it wasn't until he got a leg infection that they gave him some medication otherwise he was just told to put some cream on, which he has been doing religiously, all he wants is to be able to go for walks and be 'normal' and active again.
He visited the nurse at the surgery a couple of weeks ago and was told that his legs were well enough to enable him to have the hip replacement, even though she could not get a vein to get blood with his skin being so hard, obviously he was over the moon and so hopeful, he then received notification that he could have the operation in October after a pre op assessment..........he went for this assessment at the hospital on Thursday and was told that there was no way they could operate with his legs being is such a bad condition.  They told him he needed to see the doctor face to face and get a referral to a dermatologist.  
Before he got home from the appointment the doctors surgery had rang, they had received an e-mail from the hospital. 
My brother was then informed by the surgery that he had to speak on the phone to the doctor before he could make an appointment.  Needless to say the operation is not going to happen anytime soon and he has to suffer the pain for longer.
I was so upset for him and so very angry, I feel that COVID is now being used as an excuse not a reason.
Sorry for this outburst but I feel so hopeless and so very, very angry. 
Hugs to all see you soon
lorraine x

19 comments:

Pauline C said...

Beautiful card Lorraine, love the colouring, particularly the hair. Sorry to hear the problems your brother is having .. it must be very distressing for your family. This pandemic has caused so many issues wide of the people who actually get the disease and so many things have been postponed .. I understand a lot of GP’s are still reluctant to see people. I personally am still very anxious about COVID and don’t go out to crowded places eg restaurants, cafes etc and still wear a mask, but I think by now people need to try to do their jobs. Hope your brother can get something sorted before too long x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful image and corner die, love the gorgeous bow.
So sorry to hear the trouble your brother is having and I agree the covid is now being used as an excuse for everything-how can they assess you over the phone it's ridiculous -someone I know has to wait three weeks just for a phone call from the Dr??? Sure they are trying to force people to go private to get treatment
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So so sorry for your brother Lorraine!! In Italy it's the same situation, people's health isn't in right care by hospitals by two years now, and really a lot of people is hard suffering :((
I think he has to try another hospital, if he can...
Your card is a delight, love so much the design with that corner and the fab colouring on the cute girl!
Hugs

Lee said...

Firstly Lorraine,your card is so pretty and I love your attention to detail.I am still learning where to put me white get pen bits lol.We have had similar frustrations here on the medical front some not dissimilar to your brothers.What makes me so angry is when one camp tells you to do one thing and you do it,then the other camp tells you different Grrrrrrrrr.Also I feel you are made to look as if it is "Your Fault".So very sorry to hear about your brother and that he is in pain.Sending Hugs to all.xxx

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Lorraine, a beautiful image and lovely die cut corner - a fabulous card.
I'm sorry to hear about your Brother, I think that GP's have been hiding behind the Covid excuse for far too long - I had what I thought was a mole appear on the back of my leg, the Doctor would not see me, I had to send him a photograph and he referred me to the hospital. When I saw the dermatologist at the hospital she said it was a blood blister and asked if the Doctor had actually seen it, she said they had had numerous referrals that were totally unnecessary and had the doctor actually seen the patient he would have known it was. It would appear that it is OK to send us to the hospital but not OK to actually see us at the surgery!
I hope your Brother manages to get an appointment with the dermatologist soon and gets things sorted - I'm not surprised that you are upset and angry, it's enough to make anyone extremely cross.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Chris said...

Your card is gorgeous, a lovely design and such a sweet and pretty image, beautifully coloured as expected!
Sorry to read about your brother, I can't help but agree with you that Covid seems to be used as an excuse- I can't understand why telephone consultations are still considered acceptable when so obviously they are not a lot of use. Why is it that patients can see a treatment nurse, a dentist, a phlebotomist face to face but have to fight like crazy and wait forever to see a doctor or consultant?? It really isn't good enough now. I hope your brother gets the treatment he needs soon.
xxx

Sue said...

Hi Lolo beautiful card as always..I'm so sorry to hear about your brother and I had to beg for a face to face appointment for Paul last week! it's shocking especially as he's on the heart transplant list!!! take care and I hope he gets some positive news soon hugs Sue x

Margreet said...

Such a stunning card, Lorraine. Your coloring is so beautiful!
That's a horrible story about your brother and you don't have to feel sorry about your outburst, then this is really understable, as this is so unhuman.
Wishing you and your brother all the best.
xxx Margreet

HilaryJane said...

This is so pretty, love that gold embossed background peaking out too. so sorry to hear about your brothers health issues. It is so hard these days to get anyone to listen to you. He obviously knew he had a problem and yet no-one listened properly until it was too late. Let's hope he gets the right treatment soon so his op isn't delayed too much xx

Chrissy said...

What a gorgeous card Lorraine, such a sweet image and coloured beautifully..so very sorry for your Brother,it's a terrible cruel time, love to you, be strong..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lynne in NI said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine, I would love to be able to colour as beautifully as you!
I'm sure your brother was delighted to hear his op was imminent, and then equally devastated to hear they wouldn't do it. Hopefully he gets his referral soon and gets some treatment x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and your colouring is perfect.
Covid is being used as excuses causing havoc in the world. I do hope all works out ok and your brother's health improves. xxx

Pat said...

Oh Lorraine such a fabulous card, gorgeous image coloured so beautifully and lovely die cut corner.

Pat xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Your card is amazing Lorraine and your colouring is awesome.

I am so sorry for your brother and the rest of the family that are having to see him suffer so much and not being able to do anything for him. Yes I agree that Covid is being blamed for everything. None of us are getting to see the doctors and getting the care that we deserve. I hope he gets the operation soon and gets the skin problem sorted as well.
Hugs
Cathy
xxx

*Vicki* said...

Wow! Your card is beautiful Lorraine and your coloring of the image is absolutely top notch friend! So stunning!

I'm so sorry to hear about the run around from the medical field especially when someone has their hopes up to live a more comfortable life. I have this same frustration with my father currently and we're hoping that we will be hearing about an up-coming surgery for him as well. There's so many issues revolving this COVID and people are becoming very frustrated with everything. I do hope you're able to find some resolve for him in some way. Sending hugs

Silke said...

Such a beautiful girly card with so many details. Love your colouring. Well done. I am so sorry for your brother. It is a shame for our society. No one should have to suffer pain, after all, we are no longer in the Middle Ages. Unfortunately, it is very difficult for patients to explain the necessity to doctors and especially to health insurers.
All the best and much strength, Silke

cass said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our "Traci's Recipe" Challenge.

SusanLotus said...

Beautiful!

Carole Pollard said...

Such a beautiful design Thanks for sharing in Get Creative Challenge Carole Design Team x

I was published May Issue 2014

I was published May Issue 2014
Making Cards Mag Page 75

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Blog Archive

Guest Designer

Guest Designer
July - Oct 2021

Now a full DT member CCK

Now a full DT member CCK
from 1st Sept 2020 -

DRAGONFLY DREAMS DT Member

Follow Me on Pinterest

DON'T STOP THE MUSIC

 Today my card features a digital image that I have had in my printed off miscellaneous file so I don't have a name if anybody recognise...

DT Member All Dressed Up

DT Member All Dressed Up
Sept 2021 - August 2022

Past DT Member

Past DT Member
Visit Store

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT
1st June - August 2020