My Lovely Supporters

28 Aug 2010

One Stop Crafts Challenge #95 - DT Card

Hi all we have a new challenge for you today at ONE STOP CRAFTS CHALLENGE and our Maggie has chosen the theme
HOW SENTIMENTAL 
We would like to see you use a sentiment, verse or poem as the focal point on your card or project.  Our sponsor this week is WINK, WINK, WINK
Here is my DT card
I have used my oval Nestie to frame the sentiment on my card and is a saying from Laura Ingalls Wilder, I have only used this once before but I do love it and it inspired me with my card.
The gingham bp is from Bearlymine the ribbon from Crafty Ribbons, I have added a few spots of bronze Stickles to the ribbon and pulled it together in the middle, then mounted the frame.
The flowers I made myself and used a small and large six petal punch.  I distressed the larger petals the used an earthy tone chalk to give them an even more distressed look, I added chalk and bronze Stickles to the butterflies as well.

This is a closer look at the sentiment.

Once again I can recommend visiting the other DTM their work is gorgeous and there you will certainly find so much inspiration.
I really look forward to seeing you enter our challenge this week I am sending hugs to all.

15 comments:

Sally H said...

Stunning, Lorraine! I love it!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Lorraine.

Hugs Riet.xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgous Lorraine I love your buterflies and flowers.xxx

Babs said...

A fabulous card Lorraine
Babs x

Crystal said...

GOr-jusssssss!!!! Love the flowers!!!
Crystal

Lia said...

dear Lorraine,
your card is absolutely stunning I love it
hugs Lia

Faye said...

Lorraine, you have such a talent at designing cards. I love the way that gauzy ribbon comes down and the very beautiful butterfly and flowers are used. So gorgeous.

Lorraine said...

this is beautiful i have never made a card where the sentiment is the main focal point so i might take the challenge and give it a go xx

Josephine said...

Oh, that's lovely. A very challenging challenge too, it seems to me, as I'm not inclined to use many words on cards! Love the flowers.

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh what a stunner! Love your colour combo and that pretty ribbon!

gina g said...

Hi Lorraine another gorgeous work of art i love the sentiment and the beautiful ribbon. luv gina xx

Brenda Brown said...

Superb Lorraine, just a gorgeous card. Love the way you have pulled the ribbon in and the colours.
Luv B xx

Unknown said...

WHAT A LOVELY SENTIMENT HUN..STUNNING CARD XX

Annie said...

a gorgeous card and a beautiful sentiment - and I remember reading the Little House books when I was little, so much better than the tv shows!
hugs, annie

Shelley said...

This looks amazing hun, I love the distressed feel to it too.
Hugs Shelley xx

I was published May Issue 2014

I was published May Issue 2014
Making Cards Mag Page 75

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Blog Archive

Guest Designer

Guest Designer
July - Oct 2021

Now a full DT member CCK

Now a full DT member CCK
from 1st Sept 2020 -

DRAGONFLY DREAMS DT Member

Follow Me on Pinterest

FESTIVE TWIN EASEL CARD

 This is my second posting for today please scroll down to see my We Love Stamping card  Our challenge this month at  KERST/CHRISTMAS   is A...

DT Member All Dressed Up

DT Member All Dressed Up
Sept 2021 - August 2022

Past DT Member

Past DT Member
Visit Store

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT
1st June - August 2020