My Lovely Supporters

12 May 2009

Hi All-A Two in One

Hello folks sorry but I haven't been around for a couple of days I did manage to visit a few blogs and leave comments but I changed broadband user and had to sort a few things out and a few personal issues as well.  I managed to make this card last night which fits two challenges the first one is Pollycraft  and this is the 'free' digital prints from their website and I think they are just fab, the theme for their challenge is 'Flowers' and must say making this did release a bit of pent up emotion.  I used the free image and backing papers and did some faux stitching on the background paper and flowers.  The blue paper is actually handmade from MIC and I tore the edges for a bit of effect.  The second challenge is a first for me which is Lili of the Valley and their theme is to use the colours Pink, Green and Blue and must say I do like this combo.  I think I will have missed or will miss quite a few of the challenges this week as things are not going to plan for me so I will just have to make do with completing the odd one or two unless I am lucky.

I would also like to say 'Thank You' to Ida and Shirley who have nominated me for some blog awards.  I feel so blessed to have people who think of me when handing out these awards and I know I have said it many times before but I will say it again it gives me the heart to carry on blogging and talking to you my friends I feel quite humble as well.  I say what I feel when leaving my comments on your work and is heartfelt because I know how much time, effort and love is put into each and every creation and when you are feeling not quite 100% or have suffered in some way I also feel for you as I did with Ida.  So thank you once again Ida and Shirley for thinking of me.

Hugs to you all, Lorraine x 


24 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Lovely card Lorraine :-) I see you went to the trouble of cutting around all her curls ! I gave her a trim while I was at it lol :-)
Lovely image isn't she ! Love the papers too and the stitching looks fab !

Thanks for joining the Lili of the Valley Challenge :-)

Lorraine x x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Lorraine, good to see you back in blogland.
A lovely card as ever. I think it is so cute.
Well Done on your blog awards too.
Love Hazelxox

wendy said...

Great card! I love this image!

Wendy:)

pinky said...

Gorgeous card, loving that wee image.
Pinky

Pop's Cards said...

Wow this is gorgeous, thanks for joining us this time at pollycraft hugs pops x

Linda . J said...

Hi Lorraine Just beautiful the colurs and image are fab and those flowers are to die for, love them.
Hugs Linda

Sue said...

lovely card and fabby colours,thanks for joining us at pollycraft and good luck:)

sue
xx

Sandra Wright. said...

Hello my friend, I wondered where you'd gone, good to see you back. Gorgeous card and such a cute image.
Hugs Sandie xx

Stef H said...

Hey Lorraine! These are fantastic. I love the faux stitching with that fabulous image and your second card is stunning!

Hope your broadband problems are all worked out and you're raring to go!

Hugs,

Cathy said...

This is a wonderful card!! I love it!!

Brandi said...

Hi Lorraine! Hope everything is okay ~ I will be thinking about you! Lovely card!

Smiles,

Brandi

Jodi said...

Cute card!! I love how you colored her and how you added your embellishments.
Hugs,
Jodi =)

brenda said...

Morning Lorraine,

What a wicked little image, love the colurs you ahve chosen, works really well.

B x

Lia said...

Hi Lorraine,

Your card is stunning again I love it. This morning I went to the doctor for my pregnancy and now he was satisfied I must every day a half hour extra rest on my bed and that is good for me and for the baby
hugs Lia

Nannieflash said...

Your most welcome Loarraine, I also feel the same way about receiving awards, and also like to give them to new bloggers to try an encourange them to keep blogging. I love your card the image is gorgeous, shes a real cutie, and the colours youve chosen are stunning. Well done love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Anonymous said...

Great card Lorraine
Ann x

Nicola said...

What a cutie and so perfectly coloured Lorraine, love your layout and colour combo and those pretty flowers are a wonderful accent.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Emma said...

Gorgeous card...love the layout.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft and good luck.
Emma x

Riet said...

Wowww Lorriane,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Beryl said...

Sorry to hear things aren't going too well for you at the moment. I hope things pick up soon. Meanwhile I know that making a card or two when you can will lift your spirits.
Great faux stitching on this one. Love the flowers.
Beryl xx

Crystal said...

How cute!!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Lorraine, love the colour combo and love this new cherry kisses image.

Joanne x

Denise said...

Sooooo cute@!!!!!

Carol said...

Hi

Love the card and the colours and colouring are great

Congrats on awards enjoy rest of the weekend

I was published May Issue 2014

I was published May Issue 2014
Making Cards Mag Page 75

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Blog Archive

Guest Designer

Guest Designer
July - Oct 2021

Now a full DT member CCK

Now a full DT member CCK
from 1st Sept 2020 -

DRAGONFLY DREAMS DT Member

Follow Me on Pinterest

FESTIVE BEAR

 Today I would like to share my latest festive card featuring a Penny Black Slapstick Stamp I only recently purchased this one it is another...

DT Member All Dressed Up

DT Member All Dressed Up
Sept 2021 - August 2022

Past DT Member

Past DT Member
Visit Store

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT
1st June - August 2020