My Lovely Supporters

1 Oct 2014

GDT FOR THE ABC CHALLENGE-U FOR UNIQUE

Hi all, I was chosen as one of the top 5 in the ABC challenge last month then invited to be their GDT for the month of October, well here I am showing off my UNIQUE project which is a double card tag, if that doesn't make sense then follow me onto my picture display and details......but first let me tell you about the challenge itself.
Grab our Badge
Ok let me explain what I have done, I had a bit of a brainwave, lol, I bought some very large tags last month 8.5" x 3.5", I covered one with some Christmas paper from a pad that I have had for awhile, I then added a 5" x 5" card tag, I covered the top of the card tag with some more of the Christmas paper and re-punched the holes in both the card and tag so I could pull the ribbon through, are you with me so far? 
I then adhered a white doily to the reverse of the card tag and glued it to the large tag. 
I then started to add my embellishments and image,  my embellishments consist of some postage stamps that are part of one of the Christmas paper designs I chose some and cut them out, I also added a sentiment banner, snowflake and a flower.  
This next picture is a closer look at my image which of course is Tilda she is a Christmas Tilda that I have had for a few years but she can be used for any occasion, I stamped her with Momento Tuxedo ink, coloured her with Graph It Markers then cut her out, I also stamped out the candy cane and bow image which is also from Magnolia, I cut it out and sat Tilda on it. 
The next picture shows the inside of the card tag, I used some more of the papers, stamped a sentiment then punched it out. 
The next picture show a different view 
my final picture shows a close up Tilda 
After reading my details and seeing the pictures I hope it now all makes sense, lol, if not just ask me some questions.
I have scheduled this post but would like to enter my card into the following challenges, I will be back a little later to link them up.
See you later xx

33 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fabulous Challenge, Lorraine, and a wonderful project, love all the stunning detail you have added here, congratulations on your GDT..hugs xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Wow this is certainly unique Lorraine, what a clever design! Susan x

Susie Sugar said...

I love your double tag card it's beautiful , great style
Thanks for playing the Totally Tilda challenge
Hugs Susie xx

Unknown said...

Wow Lorraine luv these colours, absolutely stunning card.
Chris x

MagsB said...

This is just amazing, Lorraine! I love the unique shape/fold/ (not sure how to describe it and 'thingy' isn't right either lol!) and all the delicious details!

And congrats on your GDT post, too! :)

love Mags B x

Doreen said...

Wow stunning,love the image.xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a very pretty unique creation sweetie. Such beautiful colours and embellies.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

oops sorry forgot to say big congrats on your GDT slot sweetie.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Unknown said...

Lorraine this is stunning, so much detail xx
Sandie x

Pat said...

What a great idea Lorraine, love the Tilda image and all your beautiful embellishments.

Pat xx

Jane Savage said...

Wow, Lorraine this is really inventive, really clever and really beautiful! Love those rich, traditional Christmas colours! xx

Veerle said...

What a stunning design Lorraine, so beautiful. Hugs, Veerle xxx

Sue said...

Congrats on your GDT spot Lorraine.
This is gorgeous, such a fabulous design, cute image and beautiful colours too.
hugs Sue xx

Lau W said...

Oh this is very very nice ! Superb desing and colors !
xxx

aussie aNNie said...

GORGEOUS and unique, love the Tilda stamp, colours, design and colouring...awesome.xxThe Journey is the Start


McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful Lorraine, I like the image the colours and the design
Kevin xx

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Lorraine, such a brilliant design. I love your papers and gorgeous details.
Congratulations on your GDT spot.
Pauline
x

brenda said...

How pretty Lorraine and what a nice shape as well.

Not had any specific issues with Blogger myself, but I have noticed there must be some sort of commenting issue and several on my blog are repeated.

B x

*Vicki* said...

Such a beautiful card!! Really love your coloring on Tilda and a really fabulous design too!! HUGS :)

Carol said...

Love your unique tag card Lorraine, it's a great design. Carol x

butterfly dream cards said...

Stunning i love it..

Fiona DT
TTPH

Lisa J said...

Fabulous Brainwave Lorraine! What a lovely project and very unique! I love it! Lisa x

coops said...

so stunning lorraine.really love the unique fold and your sweet tilda and rich colours are gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Gina's Cards said...

Oh wow this is beautiful Love, love the design and sweet Tilda. Thank you for joining us at LHOSM, good luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Hugs
Gina x

Crafting with Darcy said...

Lorraine, your creations are always lovely and special!! I really think this is some of your best work!! I just love all you did!! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!
Hugs
Darcy

Judy McKay said...

Very interesting tag. I like it very much. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Judy DT

Scrappyrpnprn said...

Wowwie! Your project is amazing! How creative are you? Amazing work, simply amazing! Thanx for joining us at TTPH challenges.

Carla DT

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 196 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. x

Nicola said...

Stunning creation Lorraine!
Thanks for joining us at Simply Magnolia and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Unknown said...

So so so cute. I love how you have made this.
Thanks for joining in the fun over at TTPH.
Good luck
Hugs
Jo (Dt) x

Unknown said...

Nicely done. Tilda looks great, I love the highlights in her hair. Thanks for sharing with us at Totally Tilda.

Eemeli said...

Gorgeous creation and fits perfectly to our "Anything But a Card" challenge at Charisma Cardz.

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli {DT}

Christine said...

Love this clever design gorgeous cute sitting Tilda .

Thanks for sharing with us at Totally Tilda chall this time.

smiles Christine x

I was published May Issue 2014

I was published May Issue 2014
Making Cards Mag Page 75

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Blog Archive

Guest Designer

Guest Designer
July - Oct 2021

Now a full DT member CCK

Now a full DT member CCK
from 1st Sept 2020 -

DRAGONFLY DREAMS DT Member

Follow Me on Pinterest

WE LOVE STAMPING FEMININE REMINDER

 Today is a midway reminder of our challenge at WE LOVE STAMPING the theme is  FEMININE  This is my DT card  I decided to go Art Deco and us...

DT Member All Dressed Up

DT Member All Dressed Up
Sept 2021 - August 2022

Past DT Member

Past DT Member
Visit Store

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT
1st June - August 2020