My Lovely Supporters

23 Jul 2010

Fun at Fairy Knoll #8

Hi all firstly I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has sent me cards and best wishes for my birthday, which is today.  I am thrilled beyond words, I never thought a day could be as special as this one so THANK YOU dear friends. I am also hoping to rejoin the land of blog very soon as I have improved a little and besides I do miss you so much.  I think it will take a little more time to regain my lost confidence but I know I can do it with the support I receive from all you my lovely friends.

Today is time for a new sketch at Fun at Fairy Knoll 
and this is my DT card
I have used a gold matte metallic base card which I have had in my stash forever and thought it was about time I started to use some, it also fitted into the colour scheme I had in mind.
The papers are from my stash a nice floral design mounted onto heavy weight brown card the butterflies are punched out using the same paper.  The central image is of course one of the ones available from Fairy Knoll this one I have coloured with Copics I also added some star dust stickles to the flowers and wings.  I used my nestie for the paper and card I also added some liquid gold pearls around the circle and for the central stem of the butterfly I also added some card candy.

I hope you like my card and it would be real fun if you could come join us at Fairy Knoll this week and if you are a member of PCP you can also join in the challenge there as well.

20 comments:

Sam said...

This is just gorgeous hun. If my mojo was about I would do my best to join in but alas, I fear it has gone on an extended vacation without me(as long as it's gone to some crafty places to get some inspiration I don't mind as I know it will come back sooner or later). You take care hun and you know where I am if you ever need me.
Take care hun
Sam x

Claire said...

Beautiful card Birthday Girl!!! Pleased to hear your feeling better but sending some more cyber hugs anyway
Happy birthday
Claire xx

Margreet said...

Happy Birthday, Lorraine...hope you have a great day!
Your card is gorgeous.....hope you have a nice weekend!
xxx Margreet

Lora said...

Happy Birthday Lorraine! I hope you are having a fantastic day hun :)
I didn't know it was ur b/day so didn't send a card but will get one made today for you and post asap!
Hope you are back to your normal blogging self soon.
Hugs Lora xxx
oh nearly forgot, love the card! xx

Doreen said...

Happy Birthday Old Girl. This card is just gorgeous,I love the image and the butterflies,it is beautiful,hurry up back.xxx

Stef H said...

oh is this absolutely gorgeous! i love that you punched the butterflies with matching paper! absolutely gorgeous!

hugs :)

Unknown said...

Hi Lorraine
this is beautiful love the little fairy, and the paper + the butterflies is gorgeous.
Have a great weekend.
Christine x

Josephine said...

So pretty, Lorraine. Hope you continue to feel better. Take care.

pinky said...

Hope you are still enjoying the day Lorraine, happy birthday. Love your fairyknoll card and it goes perfectly with the background music, makes it all so magical!! Big hugs.
Pinky

Gina said...

A lovely delicate vintage look Lorraine :D XXX

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Happy Birthday Lorraine, hope your day is wonderful!!

I love the card, you've colored it beautifully and the butterflies are a perfect touch!

Brandi said...

I hope you are having the bestest birthday ever!!!

Love, love, love your card! Gorgeouse colors and coloring! It's beautiful! :)

Big Hugs! Brandi

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hiya Lorraine, So sorry to hear you are feeling depressed. Must be something in the air just now cause my Anxiety thing is a bit pants. Hope you are feeling better soon.
This card is amazing I really like it. You must have faith in your self. Take care and I hope the rest of Today is as special as all day has been, Happy Birthday again Love Hazelxoxo

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Lorraine,i love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

chris said...

Hi Lorraine, I am so pleased you have had a great day, it sure sounds like you have enjoyed it.

your card is yummy, love it.
hugs chris xx
and have a happy rest of your birthday.

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday, Lorraine!! I'm glad that you are having a great day!! Such a fun card!!

Ann Whitfield said...

Lovely card and great sketch Lorraine. I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday and all your lovely cards will continue to give you pleasure.
Ann x

Maria Matter said...

oh what a truly lovely image...this is a Gorgeous card Lorraine! beautiful design too! Well done Sweetie!!
hugs & blessings to you!

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Just beautiful Lorraine :D

mrsk06 said...

Hey Lorraine glad to hear your feeling better! Your card is just sooo gorgeous chick i love it to bits!

Hugs xx

I was published May Issue 2014

I was published May Issue 2014
Making Cards Mag Page 75

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Blog Archive

Guest Designer

Guest Designer
July - Oct 2021

Now a full DT member CCK

Now a full DT member CCK
from 1st Sept 2020 -

DRAGONFLY DREAMS DT Member

Follow Me on Pinterest

WE LOVE STAMPING FEMININE REMINDER

 Today is a midway reminder of our challenge at WE LOVE STAMPING the theme is  FEMININE  This is my DT card  I decided to go Art Deco and us...

DT Member All Dressed Up

DT Member All Dressed Up
Sept 2021 - August 2022

Past DT Member

Past DT Member
Visit Store

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT
1st June - August 2020